Netopia 3386 Modem
- Q: Can I connect multiple Ethernet connections to my modem?
- A: Yes, this modem has 4 Ethernet ports on the back.
- Q: Does my modem act as a firewall?
- A: This modem provides security using a firewall and Network Address Translations (NAT), which acts as a barrier between your network and the Internet.
- Q: Which Virtual Private Networking (VPN) protocols are supported?
- A: This modem supports pass-through for IPSec, PPTP and L2TP.
- Q: What is Modem Firmware?
- A: Firmware is like an operating system that tells your modem how to operate. It provides the modem's hardware with operating rules, instructions, and logic.
- Q: Why Should I Upgrade Firmware?
- A: Firmware upgrades can add new features, improve performance and enhance the security of the modem's current firmware.
If the automated set-up described in the video does not work, here are the basic documents to set-up your modem manually.
If your set-up requires a PPP username and you forgot it, chat with tech support.
NOTE: If you have an ISP other than CenturyLink, please contact your ISP directly for support. If you are unsure how to contact your ISP, you can look them up using the Internet Service Provider List.
- Firmware Update: Not Available
- Firmware Recovery: Not Available
- Drivers: Not Available