DHCP Reservations on newer CenturyLink Modems
What is this? If you receive 'The connection was unsuccessful' error when connecting to Wi-Fi, you may need to disable DHCP Reservations.
1. Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1.
2. Login to your modem by doing the following:
3. Select "Advanced Setup".
4. Select "DHCP Reservation".
5. Scroll down and select "Remove All". Wait for the modem to save your changes.
6. Select "Disable" for the DHCP Reservation State.
7. Select "Apply" to save your changes.