Upgrade Firmware on ZyXEL PK5001Z
Firmware updates improve your modems performance. Here are some things to keep in mind before you start the upgrade:
- Use Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Use an Ethernet connection.
- Use a supported operating system.
- Updates will NOT reset the custom settings in your modem.
1. To start the firmware upgrade, open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://modem.
2. Login to your modem by doing the following:
3. Select "Utilities".
4. Select "Upgrade Firmware".
5. Check the "Upgrade Status". If the upgrade status shows:
- Upgrade Firmware proceed to the next step to upgrade the firmware.
- Firmware is up to date or N/A you are done.
6. To download the latest firmware, you can:
- Select the "Download" button in the modem GUI or
- download the latest firmware here: CZP004-4.3.009.38
- Updated: 11/03/2016
7. Select the drop down next to 'Save'.
8. Select the "Save as".
9. Select "Desktop".
10. Select "Save".
11. Select "Browse".
12. Select "Desktop".
13. Select the firmware file that you just saved to your desktop.
13. Select "Upgrade Firmware".
14. This screen will show the progress of the upgrade. This step will take about 2 minutes.
15. This screen tells you the modem is rebooting. This step will take about 3 minutes.
16. When the upgrade is complete you will be taken to the 'Modem GUI Login' screen. Wait 2 minutes for the DSL and Internet lights on the modem to turn green before trying to access the internet.