Upgrade Firmware on ZyXEL PK5001Z
To upgrade the firmware on your modem, your computer MUST be connected directly to your modem using an ETHERNET cable.
1. Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1.
2. Do the following:
- Enter the Administrator Username: admin (default)
- Enter the Administrator Password: (located on the bottom of the modem)
- Select "Apply".
3. Select "Utilities".
4. Select "Upgrade Firmware".
5. If the upgrade status shows "Upgrade Firmware", proceed to the next step.
If the upgrade status shows "Firwmare is up to date" or "n/a", you are done.
6. To download the latest firmware, select the "Download" button in the modem, or download the CZP002-4.3.009.16 firmware here. Save the firmware to your computer.
7. Select the "Browse" or "Choose File" button, then locate the downloaded firmware file from the previous step.
8. Select the "Upgrade Firmware" button to begin the upgrade.
9. After selecting the "Upgrade Firmware" button the following page will appear in 15 to 30 seconds.
- The firmware upgrade will take several minutes
- Once the firmware is complete, the modem will reboot
- After the modem reboots, check your firmware version.