Remote Access on the ZyXEL Q1000Z
1. Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1.
2. Select "Advanced Setup".
3. Scroll down and select "Remote GUI" on the left side of the page.
4. For the GUI State, the default is "Disabled". To enable remote access, select "Enabled" to allow permanent access or select one of the time restricted options. To turn off remote access, select "Disabled" and scroll down and click "Apply".
5. If not already set, a password should be entered to restrict remote access to the modem.
6. By default, remote management is set to port 443 for HTTPS access. Do not change this setting, without understanding the technical impacts.
7. Click "Apply". To access your modem remotely you will need to use https:// followed by the modem's WAN IP address.